It is very important to track your calls with local SEO services to get the right information. Here are a few steps with how you can track the calls with SEO services.
Step 1: Gather information. Get a tracking-enabled phone number.
- The first option is to port your existing business phone number to a call tracking provider. An established business with a substantial web presence can take advantage of this option. Additionally, this is a great option if you have a vanity phone number or simply do not want to go through the hassle of changing your citations across the web with a new phone number. It can take up to 6 weeks to port a number from a major telecom to a call-tracking provider since usually, the big telecoms you are transferring from have a slower response time than their newer, call-tracking-enabled competitors. In addition, you must establish a new line for receiving calls when you transfer your number.
- Option B. Select a phone number with a local area code from a call tracking provider. If you’re starting up your own business, or if you already have a lot of unorganized data on the web, this is a great option for you. In this case, you would need to run a complete citation update campaign. In areas where the business is located, it’s important to choose a local area code telephone number. This is a potentially significant geographic signal used by search engines.
Step 2. To change your business number to your call tracking number, forward all calls.
- Call tracking refers to the receiving line as the “destination number.” As a result, any calls to the tracking number are routed to the destination number, which is your business line.
- You now have a new phone number with many new features, so you must configure many different things. The first step is to add the destination number and to enable recording.
Step 3. All online marketing campaigns except paid ones should use this number.
The phone number you provide should appear anywhere you list your business information online that is accessible to a search engine.
- Your website
- Local Search Engines: Bing, Yahoo, Google+, Yelp, Facebook, IYP
- Citations: anywhere your business information appears.
Do not use this phone number for paid campaigns on the Internet. Including more than just your local SEO campaign won’t affect your consistency, but it will muddy the call data. You should provide different tracking numbers for paid and organic campaigns so that you can track the effectiveness of your paid campaigns separately. The numbers you use shouldn’t affect your NAP consistency since search engines don’t normally index these campaigns.
It is recommended that you use a unique phone number for paid offline campaigns such as radio ads, billboards, and mailers. This will allow you to identify which advertising mediums are most effective in generating inbound phone calls.
Regarding these supposedly “offline” campaigns: some of the data you give them may end up online in some form. The way these directories license their data makes it likely that business data from print directories will surface online somewhere. Leaks from offline campaigns into the online world are called leaks, and they can occur in any campaign. Even if you don’t advertise in the Yellow Pages, your data leaks all over the web. The use of multiple phone numbers in offline campaigns has a trade-off. By working on NAP consistency you may gain insight into what’s driving phone calls. When you do not advertise in paid directories like Yellow Pages, you have fewer worries. You can manage the risk in two primary ways.
- Constant NAP Monitoring: This is my preferred method of dealing with this problem. Make sure your IYP and big data provider citations are up-to-date and correct incorrect data as soon as possible.
- Using one offline number and claiming it: Another tactic is to use the same unique phone number for all offline campaigns that might leak data, and claim that number as a secondary number on your citations. In this way, you won’t have duplicate listings or false listings with different numbers. It can save you time by reducing the cleanup work associated with NAPs but dilutes its attribution value.
Step 4. Measure campaign performance using the call data coming in.
- As you begin to analyze call data, focus on one metric in particular: First-time callers. Since your primary organic line will be a call tracking enabled number, this metric will give you an accurate picture of how many new customers are finding your company online.
- At the beginning of the campaign, the majority of new calls will come from first-time callers. Until there are 3 to 6 months of call data, this metric cannot be used. Those who have been tracking caller numbers for a long time will benefit the most from the first-time tracking data. Provide any past call logs you might still have so that the company can compare them with their FTC reports.
- An organization’s call volume and the total number of new customers should be shared with its customers every day. For any local SEO campaign, this data can serve as a benchmark. Fortunately, you can gather the proper information about your local search strategy the sooner you integrate call tracking as described here
Step 5. Get the maximum benefit from call tracking by going beyond simple tracking.
- A call recording can be a valuable source of information for your business. These recordings are used to train employees, optimize answering scripts, and reduce staffing costs. The amount of money my call tracking customers uncover from these recordings is unbelievable. Take a look at them. Treat your leads like a precious commodity by learning from your customers.
- You can customize the call routing process in your business with advanced call routing solutions, a feature that comes standard with large enterprises. It’s getting easier to create interactive voice response menus that leave a good first impression on callers, such as auto-scheduling calls to follow different call flows during different times of the day. Today, most call tracking platforms come with all these features included out of the box. I like using an interactive voice response menu that automatically tags the call depending on the items the caller selects when making a call.
- As a whole, Call Tracking can be a valuable tool in your local SEO tool belt, provided you understand the risks and know how to manage those risks and analyze the call data. The tactics above should help you get started with an exciting new technology that is causing many of you to rethink how our smartphones should operate, regardless of whether you handle all the marketing for your business yourself or use an agency.
Local SEO Buzz’s experts will analyze your local market. Our service will increase the visibility of your business by identifying the best geo-targeted keywords. Every piece of content on the web is unique and plagiarism-free. By doing this, the rank of the content can be improved. Local SEO packages are affordable and you don’t need to second-guess your investment.